Friday, July 2, 2010

The Shoot




On June 24th, I had the opportunity to work with Photographer Julia Bedriy of Bedriy-Walton, Inc. We spent the evening discussing a few concepts for the shoot. We went along with an unconventional display where all the stationery had a “full spread out” layout versus the standard “stand-alone” layout.
I was very excited to be in the studio, I was working on a few invitations for the past few weeks and was glad to see it come to life before the camera. For this shoot I wanted my invitations to be all about “texture” that includes bold prints and colors, metallic papers, ribbons, feathers and leaves. All of these elements did my shoot justice.

When people look at my work I want them to see quality and style. I can be a “perfectionist” and so every detail matters when designing an invitation. From choosing the right envelope, the best quality papers for layering and printing and of course embellishments. To me it’s never just a piece of paper; I always let my clients know that an invitation goes a long way. Remember that this is the FIRST notification your guest will receive about YOUR event. The right invitation will make that first opportunity the best opportunity to set the tone for your event. I am already planning my next photo shoot session and the concept is……….you will just have to stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment