Sunday, May 15, 2011

The National Stationery Show 2011: "Paper Heaven"

Today I had the opportunity to attend the 2011 National Stationery Show in New York City. As a first time attendee, I must say that I was truly amazed with the works of various invitation designers as well as the products that were being offered by stationery suppliers. I honestly felt like I entered "Paper Heaven".

Along with meeting other invitation designers from all over the country, I was very grateful to have met with letterpress printers, paper, silk box and embellishment suppliers all under one roof.

I was most impressed with "The Paper Runway" which consisted of creative paper dresses designed by student fashion designers. I would love to wear one of these couture paper dresses at my next promotional photo shoot 8-).

In my opinion, every exhibitor brought their "A" game to this event from their marketing materials to the layout of their booths. Being a first time attendee, I was expecting a simple set-up similar to that of a Bridal Show. However, these exhibitor booths were "dressed to impress". Some booths resembled that of a warm cozy home and others resembled that of a High End Boutique...there were absolutely no blandness in walking down these aisles.

In the following months to come, I plan on taking my stationery to another level. Prepare to see beautiful designs and layouts, high end printing and finishes to my stationery pieces.

I do look forward to using all of the inspiration that I acquired today to produce work that is creative and unique for my clients. Please stay tuned for more event stationery tips, information and inspiration.

Check out the photos on my Facebook fan page---------> Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment